Monday, August 4, 2014

True but not so easy to tell, the fact in seoul 2014 summer

Near my home, there are two big universities where I and my wife often visit on weekend.

Last Saturday we walked through small road as a refresh and arrived at the K~ university in 15 minutes.

It was a vacation season but many students are enrolling summer school.
After passing by front I saw the clue what the students did last night.



In Seoul, soju(Korean whiskey) is the representative of public alcoholic drinks. I can meet lots of empty soju bottles in the bright summer light.

May be, this is the way poor students enjoy their campus but I can not understand why they make the public places filled with wastes.

They can live with their own style and have a right to drink alcohols.
But they are not have a right to act out of common senses.


Another shocking accident happened after 3 days.

I was on my way to public library, and there one woman was seeking bins to find bottles to sell.
It is not India! It's seoul .. I am not saying India is inferior country. When I visited India several times, I can easily see such kind of boys and girls on roads. Just I am saying what I saw in india and I thought in seoul it will not be existed.




But it is true that the woman's desperate poverty makes her to live like that.

Some students spend their lives on drinking and some poor people cries for bottles for tomorrow morning meals.

Korea is very rich compared to 10 or 20 years ago.
But Korean is not so generous to neighbors.

We, koreans lived desperately to survive from korea war at 1950's. It may be one of that reason.

But i think it's time for korean to learn true happiness comes from generosity, share, forgiveness and love.

Paradoxically such are the value of chosun dynasty - Old korea before Korea war.

May be we got money for some to go europe for every summer vacation trip, but we lose the value our ancestors had.

No comments:

Post a Comment